Monday, October 17, 2011

What's the deal with Jet Black Hair Extensions

This hot trend for summer 2011 has me somewhat baffled. Although I must admit I am a product of the 1980’s fashion craze, which included fingerless lace gloves, big hair and of course clip in feathers. I feel like I have already been there, done that. However, this is a trend that looks like it may stick around for a while. So I was curious enough to start googling around to see what the buzz is all about.

This trend kicked off somewhere between LA, California and Boulder, Colorado, according to my sources. And it really took off when Steven Tyler, from AeroSmith and a judge on the ever popular reality show “American Idol” kept showing up with them in his hair.

The most popular feathers seem to be the real ones that come from roosters. Many of these types of feathers are being supplied by an unlikely source for fashion: Fishing bait shops. Long rooster feathers used by fly fishermen to bait salmon or trout are ideal for weaving into hair. The problem is that salons are scarfing them up and leaving nothing left for the fisherman. This is also creating a shortage of Rooster Feathers. Making the feathers grossly over priced and sometimes endangering our foul-feathered friends.

During my research into the feather craze I came across a website that sells artificial clip in feathers at a very reasonable price. 3 for $15.00, excludes tax, shipping and handling. My favorite part is that you can take them in and out. While most companies claim you can shampoo, blow dry and style the feathers, I am not totally sold on it. Even real feathers have a shelf life and they are pretty fragile. So for me I prefer the removable kind and they will last longer too! If you are interested check out the website: http://www.vpfashion.co.uk

I would love to hear from you if you have tried any of the Jet Black Hair Extensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment